Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jeremy Mawson <je...@qsipayments.com> on 2000/08/21 12:18:44 UTC

Javac task does not find dependant classes

Hello

I am using Ant nightly build from 10 August.

In my project I call are a number of javac tasks successfully. When I get
to one particular javac task (which has over 1000 classes to compile) it
falls over because one particular class being compiled calls a constructor
from within a third party library (in zip format) and the compiler believes
that this particular constructor is unknown.

Here comes the weird part. The zip file *is* in the classpath. The
signature of the constructor *is* correct. The class *does* compile from
the command line with the same environment. I tried modifying the
classpath:  I shuffled the zip to the *front* of the classpath. I tried
unzipping the library into the classpath. I tried cutting and pasting the
classpath from my command line environment. Nothing has worked -- yet!

I understand there have been changes to how the javac task hadles large
batches of classes since 10-Aug, so I am about to try the latest build.
However, if anyone else has advice for me I'll be glad to hear it.

Here's the relevant ant call (slightly obfuscated):

	<property name="CLASSPATH"
	    value="
	        ${JAVALIBS_BUILD_DIR}/LibraryThatIUse.zip;

	 />

    <target name="compileCore">
		<mkdir dir="${CLASSES_BUILD_DIR}/something" />
		<javac
		   srcdir="${BUILD_DIR}"
		   destdir="${CLASSES_BUILD_DIR}"
		   classpath="${CLASSPATH};${CLASSES_BUILD_DIR};${3RD_PARTY_CLASSPATH}"
		   excludes="**/exclude01*/, **/exclude02.java, **/exclude03.java" />
    </target>

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: Javac task does not find dependant classes

Posted by Jeremy Mawson <je...@qsipayments.com>.
Whoops, rogue classes.

*Slaps himself in shame*

Forget I ever said anything.