Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> on 2017/09/15 09:27:56 UTC

Metron Installation

Hello,

I need a guide to install metron on my PC from scratch.

Regards

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Ahmed Shah <Ah...@cmail.carleton.ca>.
Hello Syed ,

For the EC2 deployment I was able to deploy using ClearOS (A distro of CentOS).

The following are instructions (work in progress) that tried to account my experience:

https://github.com/as22323/metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2

A lot of the tools were installed using "pip install".

Also, you will need to remove the last two lines in these files:

metron/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2/ansible.cfg
metron/metron-deployment/ansible.cfg

lines to remove:

#[ssh_connection] #comment
#control_path = %(directory)s/%%h-%%p-%%r  #commented

-Ahmed

________________________________
Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.
Looks like that one is specifically for Ubuntu so it's worth a shot.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be>.
Hi Syed,

Getting the full-dev environment up & running (in Virtualbox) works on
my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS machine. However, 8 GB RAM might not be enough...
For a bare metal install, 8 GB RAM will be an issue as well. It might
work, but your experience will not be that good.

On 2017-09-15 08:12, Syed Hammad Tahir wrote:

> [...]
>
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Khurram Ahmed <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Your specs might not be enough to run Metron. Anything below 32gb of RAM will not work. You need server grade machines for Metron to work reliably.
>
> On Sep 15, 2017 2:41 PM, "Syed Hammad Tahir" <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> My PC is core i5, 8GB RAM and a few hundred GBs of disk space. It doesnt have any OS as I will install it as per the recommendations in the guide.
>
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:29 PM, kotipalli venkatesh <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> please share the more information, which operating system your PC.
>
> Thanks,
> Venkatesh
>
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I need a guide to install metron on my PC from scratch.

Links:
------
[1]
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform#deploy-metron
[2]
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform
[3]
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Dev+VM+Install

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.
.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by kotipalli venkatesh <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi

[image: Inline image 1]

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by kotipalli venkatesh <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.
ok, I am doing it for my graduate level research. I will try to do it on a
PC first and then move to a more powerful workstation if needed. Kindly
give me the guide to install it on a PC.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Khurram Ahmed <kh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Metron Installation

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.