Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/10 14:12:16 UTC

maven war plugin different webapp path

Hello I have following problem

I have to adjust the maven war plugin to a different webapp source
directory.

I used
<webResources>
	<resource>
		<directory>webappDir</directory>
	</resource>
</webResources> to adjust it

Now if I have a standalone project this works perfectly
but if I have a parent pom.xml to the webapp I get the error
that the parent pom tries to locate the webappDir relatively to its
location instead of the child location and fails of course because
the webappDir is relative to the childs pom.xml not the parents pom.xml.

I use the version 2.0.2 of the war plugin.

Is this a bug? Or is there another solution to the problem?

Werner

Re: maven war plugin different webapp path

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Maven 2.0.9 and plugin version 2.0.2
anyway I will upgrade the plugin version to 2.2.x to get the fix in
thanks for the hint.

Werner

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
"Known issue":