Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/22 01:41:41 UTC

[VOTE] SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark

Hi all,

I would like to start a vote for SPIP: "Support Docker Official Image for
Spark"

The goal of the SPIP is to add Docker Official Image(DOI)
<https://github.com/docker-library/official-images> to ensure the Spark
Docker images
meet the quality standards for Docker images, to provide these Docker
images for users
who want to use Apache Spark via Docker image.

Please also refer to:

- Previous discussion in dev mailing list: [DISCUSS] SPIP: Support Docker
Official Image for Spark
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/l1793y5224n8bqkp3s6ltgkykso4htb3>
- SPIP doc: SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nN-pKuvt-amUcrkTvYAQ-bJBgtsWb9nAkNoVNRM2S2o>
- JIRA: SPARK-40513 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-40513>

Please vote on the SPIP for the next 72 hours:

[ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official SPIP
[ ] +0
[ ] -1: I don’t think this is a good idea because …

Re: [VOTE] SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark

Posted by Qian SUN <qi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com> 于2022年9月22日周四 09:41写道:

--
Best!
Qian SUN

Re: [VOTE] SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ankit Gupta <in...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Yang,Jie(INF)" <ya...@baidu.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Regards,
Yang Jie

发件人: Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com>
日期: 2022年9月22日 星期四 12:22
收件人: Xiangrui Meng <me...@gmail.com>
抄送: Kent Yao <ya...@gmail.com>, Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>, dev <de...@spark.apache.org>
主题: Re: [VOTE] SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark

spark-authorizer<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=ufHeix%2f3ucgOHZheSHphSBdZypxBu6WGzzMInGyfk2JDJ68L4N93RmB5GhRUsm71>A Spark SQL extension which provides SQL Standard Authorization for Apache Spark<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=eJcUboQ1HRRomPZKEwRzpl69wA8DbI%2fNIiRNsQ%3d%3d>.
spark-postgres<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=wLgzAlCuCOI5bw7RSaCbInCrPLv99hHkLAPXAH1kkiwjSmrgJBlAZWn7%2b71OcOPI> A library for reading data from and transferring data to Postgres / Greenplum with Spark SQL and DataFrames, 10~100x faster.
itatchi<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=TesF9dffSyjBi%2fbZYC8IJfgJbmHSu5zyREJlV39MJq1tUmsVQ%2bxA5Jvc61m2%2b37k%2bKjWnA%3d%3d>A library that brings useful functions from various modern database management systems to Apache Spark<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=eJcUboQ1HRRomPZKEwRzpl69wA8DbI%2fNIiRNsQ%3d%3d>.

---- Replied Message ----
From

Hyukjin Kwon<gu...@gmail.com> <ma...@gmail.com>

Date

09/22/2022 09:43

dev<de...@spark.apache.org> <ma...@spark.apache.org>

Subject

The goal of the SPIP is to add Docker Official Image(DOI)<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=%2fmVipe7MDOQB%2bsuhEH2Eoh50L9gFH6BGNvpqJMOl6Ovr9bfjM5F3KzKm9p%2buRcBXnil5R4zmxJM%3d> to ensure the Spark Docker images

- SPIP doc: SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=PDTMrHj%2bNMoH%2fYdHHkWc2nkgQS%2bGR2N3LDR8pOiG8HK2Ow8pf4Ji1nupoSdfjyJuZ1jbIhT%2fnCVCVGfEiwMXIzGYWeBCLjG0%2fu4LHfsANXR841Mr>

Posted by Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Xiangrui Meng <me...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rui Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1
Nice to see the official Spark docker image :)

Kent Yao <ya...@gmail.com> 于2022年9月22日周四 09:52写道:

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

#

 _[spark-authorizer](https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-authorizer) A Spark SQL
extension which provides SQL Standard Authorization for _ _[Apache
Spark](http://spark.apache.org/)._

 _ _[spark-postgres](https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-postgres) A library for
reading data from and transferring data to Postgres / Greenplum with Spark SQL
and DataFrames, 10~100x faster.__

 _ _[itatchi](https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-func-extras) A__ _library  t_
_hat brings useful functions from various modern database management systems
to  _ _ _[Apache Spark](http://spark.apache.org/).__

#

\---- Replied Message ----

From  |  [Hyukjin Kwon<gu...@gmail.com> ](mailto:gurwls223@gmail.com)
---|---
Date  |  09/22/2022 09:43
To  |  [ dev<de...@spark.apache.org> ](mailto:dev@spark.apache.org)

Posted by "416161436@qq.com" <ru...@foxmail.com>.
+1

Ruifeng&nbsp;Zheng
ruifengz@foxmail.com

&nbsp;

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:                                                                                                                        "Hyukjin Kwon"                                                                                    <gurwls223@gmail.com&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Thu, Sep 22, 2022 09:41 AM
To:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@spark.apache.org&gt;;

Starting with my&nbsp;+1.

On Thu, 22 Sept 2022 at 10:41, Hyukjin Kwon <gurwls223@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to start a&nbsp;vote&nbsp;for&nbsp;SPIP: "Support Docker Official Image for Spark"

The goal of the&nbsp;SPIP&nbsp;is to add Docker Official Image(DOI) to ensure the Spark Docker images
meet the quality standards for Docker images, to provide these Docker images for users
who want to use Apache Spark via Docker image.

Please also refer to:

- Previous discussion in dev mailing list:&nbsp;[DISCUSS] SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark
- SPIP doc: SPIP: Support Docker Official Image for Spark
- JIRA: SPARK-40513

Please&nbsp;vote&nbsp;on the&nbsp;SPIP&nbsp;for the next 72 hours:
[ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official&nbsp;SPIP

Posted by Yikun Jiang <yi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Regards,
Yikun