Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2003/02/07 09:55:47 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Searching files in a particular directory by default???? - Really about PHP and CFM

Welcome!... Time for your first lesson: It is not good etiquette to post
a new question to an already existing thread. It makes the subject and
content uncorrelated thus confusing other list users and screwing up the
archive. If you want to ask a new question, start a new thread. Now;
write that out a hundred times.

>	I'm running Red Hat 8.0, Apache 2.0.44, PHP 4.2.2,
>ColdFusion MX.  Both PHP and ColdFusion are functioning fine.
>What I would like to figure out is a way to get apache to
>parse a file with both php and coldfusion.  Say a .cfp file or
>something.  But parse .php and .cfm files only by their
>respective language.

So you want to parse a file first with the PHP engine and then with CFM
(or vice-versa). I don't know about CFM but if its just another handler,
I'm not sure you can do this. My understanding is that in order to
process a PHP file, you set the mime-type with:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

The PHP module then detects the mime-type and that's how it knows to
parse the filestream. You can only associate on mime-type for a given
extension (though many extensions can have the same mime-type) so I
don't see how you could assign one extension to two handlers.

The only thing I can think of is to have more than one extension, e.g.
myfile.cfm.php (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#multipleext) - but, after
reading the doc, I'm not convinced it will do what you want.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

Also, I may move this configuration to a
>different platform (Slackware perhaps).  But I don't think
>that would make much difference on the Apache setup.  Any
>ideas or help would be great.  I'm not the most skilled at
>mod'ing  apache code, but I can handle recompiling if need be
>and maybe even some minor changes to the code.

views of the sender's company.