Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Old, Curtis" <Cu...@neustar.biz> on 2013/08/15 15:39:17 UTC

Question after a VM is deployed can I Š..

Trigger an event or post processing from the management server?  What I am interested in doing is that after a user provisions a VM in CS I want to be able to dynamically do certain tasks.  Possibly a DNS updates to my external bind server, run knife to add to chef, add to Nagios etc.

Sorry if it has already been covered.

Cheers

Curtis Old

Re: Question after a VM is deployed can I Š..

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
On 15-Aug-2013, at 7:09 PM, "Old, Curtis" <Cu...@neustar.biz> wrote:

> Trigger an event or post processing from the management server?  What I am interested in doing is that after a user provisions a VM in CS I want to be able to dynamically do certain tasks.  Possibly a DNS updates to my external bind server, run knife to add to chef, add to Nagios etc.
>
> Sorry if it has already been covered.

Hi Curtis,

Have you considered creating custom OS templates which have these hooks added? At a previous place, we did exactly that including update UltraDNS :)

Regards.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Question after a VM is deployed can I Š..

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.
You can use
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.0.0/root_admin/listEvents.h
tml