Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by nethanjavier <ne...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 11:13:20 UTC

Synchronize POS from network database

:confused:Hi!
Im a newbie here in OFBIZ and i'm kinda attracted about how fast it is and
easy. Its been a week since I started to and I encounter a problem on how to
synchronize my POS to a network database. I'm using SQL Server Database for
my POS and all the products are in another computer and i want to
synchronize to it so that i can't get products and customers for my POS and
then pass my transactions to it. How can i do this?..please help. I just
read this <http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Sync+Setup+Notes+and+Example>
and I really don't understand it. Can you step by step teach me about
it?..please.

Best Regards,
Nethan

Re: Synchronize POS from network database

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the sync only work between of OfBiz instances.
one is running the POS
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/POS+System

the other is MCS.
the POS uses, usually the embedded derby database
the MSC then is attached to your SQL server, through the entityengine.xml.

nethanjavier sent the following on 12/5/2008 2:13 AM: