Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by sertac <se...@agmlab.com> on 2014/01/29 15:10:05 UTC

get ip via httpclient

hi all,

In my project, i have to use commons-http-client api which has version
3.1. I could not find any way to get  ip address from host. Because of,
access modifier of Socket is protected.( HttpConnection.getSocket
method) I should not to inherit from this class.
I am using such as code block:

     GetMethod get = new GetMethod("http://www.example.com");
     get.setFollowRedirects(followRedirects);
     get.setDoAuthentication(true);
     params.makeLenient();
     params.setContentCharset("UTF-8");
     params.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY);
params.setBooleanParameter(HttpMethodParams.SINGLE_COOKIE_HEADER, true);
     code = Http.getClient().executeMethod(get);

Is there any way to get ip address into existing connection?

Thank you