Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 18:41:03 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tapestry 5.3

Apache Tapestry 5.3 is now available for immediate download:

http://tapestry.apache.org/2011/11/23/announcing-tapestry-53.html

Tapestry 5.3 represents nearly a year of effort, and includes over 270
bug fixes, improvements, and other changes. Full details are in the
release notes, but here's a few highlights:
* Improved performance: very large sites will see a 30 - 40%
improvement in throughput* Decreased memory footprint: about a 30%
decrease in memory utilization over 5.2* New components and services
to support user alerts and notifications* Improved a simplified
support for partial page rendering inside Ajax requests* Automatic
JavaScript and CSS minimization (via YUICompressor)* Component
reference details integrated into JavaDoc* Improved Maven quickstart
archetype* Skinning and themeing support* Improved client-side
presentation of server-side exceptions during Ajax requests* New
components, including Ajax-enabled Tree, and Kaptcha* HTML5 Doctype
support* Support for JSR-330 injection annotations
In addition, 2011 marked an often intense effort to improve, revise,
and expand the Tapestry web site.
We've made great efforts to ensure that the upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3 is
as painless as possible. Please read the upgrade notes carefully as
some interfaces and methods that were deprecated in Tapestry 5.0 or
5.1 have been removed: you should recompile and retest your
application after upgrading your dependency. If you still have
problems, use the Tapestry user mailing list to get support.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tapestry 5.3

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Howard!  I can't wait to get back into using Tapestry and see
all the progress that's been made.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dragan Sahpaski <dr...@gmail.com>.
Also the archetype offers a pom and a build.gradle file so you can choose
your build system.
I think since recently hibernate is also built with gradle. No problems
using it in a maven project right?
The build system really has no direct relationship with tapestry. You can
see it as just another jar in your project if you like.

Cheers,
Dragan Sahpaski

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Robert Zeigler <robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The 5.3 release was ready last week ... the delay in the announcement
is partly to update the tutorial and make it current.

Tapestry no longer builds with Maven, but still works with it.
Tapestry's quickstart archetype creates a fully-functioning
application that uses Maven OR Gradle to build.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.