Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Todd Kuebler <tk...@cisco.com> on 2003/10/08 23:45:01 UTC

Re: PSML caching, PSML reference customization storage, User/Role PSM L integration

First of all turn off PSML caching in JR.p.  that might solve some of your
concurrency issues.

Do you know about the PSMLManager interface
(org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.*)?  This sounds like the point
you could integrate this merge thing much smoother by dynamically creating
a psml document from user + role documents, and managing keeping user prefs
up to date.  Also, are you manipulating the psml documents as DOM/whatever
objects or doing string manipulation on the content?

role <-> user psml merging is supported sort of how you describe in later
versions of jetspeed through a psml link in user psml.  however since the
linked psml document itself is shared across uses writes to that portion of
the psml is disabled, so users can't set their own preferences for those
portlets.

I would really recommend planning on updating to 1.5 when it comes out (soon?).

-tk

btw, it should be easy to write that un compression algorithm if you are
not interested in merely duplicating the original document. ;)