Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de> on 2018/01/21 13:23:44 UTC

[log4cxx] Are these project notification settings in JIRA correct?

Hi all,

two issues have been created in log4cxx[1][2] recently I wasn't aware
of, so I checked the project notification settings and found that most
of them go to notifications@logging.apache.org now. I wasn't
subscribed on that list and did that now. The one thing I don't
understand is that I don't find notifications for the two created
issues in the mail archive of that list[3]. The settings for newly
created issues are the following:

> Issue Created
>       All Watchers
>       Current Assignee
>       Reporter
>       Single Email Address (notifications@logging.apache.org)

I'm none of the mentioned above, but in the past newly created issues
were forwarded to dev@logging.apache.org. That was the case with
LOGCXX-493[4] in October last year. That list is still mentioned in
the settings as well:

> Generic Event
>         Single Email Address (dev@logging.apache.org)

Additionally, the page in JIRA shows the following paragraph at the
top makes me wonder:

> Scheme used by this project:Logging Notifications
> Email: log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org

That list has been shutdown in the past in favour of a generic "dev@",
am I correct? If so, what does that setting in JIRA means? I don't see
for what that address/"scheme" the paragraph talks about is used.

In the end, I woudl like to know if the settings for newly created
issues are correct or not? Should a notification for LOGCXX-494 etc.
have been created and if so, forwarded to which list? Did anyone else
got a notification for that issue, so the problem might be my mail
server?

Thanks!

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LOGCXX/issues/LOGCXX-494
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LOGCXX/issues/LOGCXX-495
[3]: https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-notifications/201801.mbox/browser
[4]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-493

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: [log4cxx] Are these project notification settings in JIRA correct?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Jira, GitHub and Jenkins notifications for all projects under the Apache Logging umbrella should be going to notifications@logging.apache.org <ma...@logging.apache.org>. The reply-to field should be set to dev@logging.apache.org <ma...@logging.apache.org> so replies go to the dev list.

Ralph