Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ma...@semikron.co.in on 2006/07/06 10:43:11 UTC

Help for windows subversion client

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am Manish Saxena from India. I am willing to install windows subversion client. And I have seen many .exe and .zip file on your site. I want to know which file will install windows subversion on my system. I have downloaded subversion-1.3.2 but there is know .exe file and I have also downloaded svn-1.3.2-setup. I think this is only for documentation and help. Kindly guide me and if possible let me know step-by-step process to install windows subversion client.

Regards

Manish Saxena

Re: Help for windows subversion client

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 6, 2006, at 12:43, Manish Saxena wrote:

> I am Manish Saxena from India. I am willing to install windows
> subversion client. And I have seen many .exe and .zip file on your
> site. I want to know which file will install windows subversion on
> my system. I have downloaded subversion-1.3.2 but there is
> know .exe file and I have also downloaded svn-1.3.2-setup. I think
> this is only for documentation and help. Kindly guide me and if
> possible let me know step-by-step process to install windows
> subversion client.

Have you tried searching Google for "install subversion windows"?
Looks like many people have written instructions. I've never had to
install Subversion on Windows so I can't tell you which one's best.

Re: Help for windows subversion client

Posted by Lorenz <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Craig Demyanovich wrote:
><ma...@semikron.co.in> wrote:
>> [...] install windows subversion client.
>> [...] svn-1.3.2-setup
>> [...]
>At the download page for Windows [http://subversion.tigris.org/
>servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91] you'll find the file named
>svn-1.3.2-setup.exe. This is an installer that will place Subversion
>on your system.

the subversion project itself only provides a commandline client.

If you are looking for a GUI client, have a look at the 'Clients and
plugins' part of the link page on the subversion website.

The client with the best windows explorer integration is
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Lorenz

Re: Help for windows subversion client

Posted by Craig Demyanovich <de...@fastmail.us>.
On Jul 6, 2006, at 6:43 AM, <ma...@semikron.co.in>
<ma...@semikron.co.in> wrote:

> I am Manish Saxena from India. I am willing to install windows
> subversion client. And I have seen many .exe and .zip file on your
> site. I want to know which file will install windows subversion on
> my system. I have downloaded subversion-1.3.2 but there is
> know .exe file and I have also downloaded svn-1.3.2-setup. I think
> this is only for documentation and help. Kindly guide me and if
> possible let me know step-by-step process to install windows
> subversion client.
At the download page for Windows [http://subversion.tigris.org/
servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91] you'll find the file named
svn-1.3.2-setup.exe. This is an installer that will place Subversion
on your system.

Regards,
Craig