Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Eduardo Alexandre <ed...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/23 17:56:50 UTC

AOO como padrão no Ubuntu

Hi,

Is there any possibility of OpenOffice become the standard office suite for
Linux distributions like Ubuntu, for example?

What would it take for this?

Greats,
Eduardo Alexandre

Re: AOO como padrão no Ubuntu

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I' d like to see that too, but given the different licenses, I' d say the
> LO license fits the rest of the GNU system more than the AOO one.
>
> Having said that, nothing prevents Linux distros from packaging non-GPL
> code. I remember the days before Mozilla when Linux distros used to ship
> Netscape Navigator for *nix and even the Netscape Fastrack Web Server in
> some distros (Caldera).

Having said that let me add that I think of all the distros, Ubuntu is the
one more likely to bundle AOO.
Given Shuttleworth' s criticism of the LO fork and the forkers... quote at
-> http://ho.io/libreoffice

FC

Re: AOO como padrão no Ubuntu

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Eduardo Alexandre
<ed...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Is there any possibility of OpenOffice become the standard office suite for
> Linux distributions like Ubuntu, for example?
>
> What would it take for this?
>
> Greats,
> Eduardo Alexandre

I' d like to see that too, but given the different licenses, I' d say the
LO license fits the rest of the GNU system more than the AOO one.

Having said that, nothing prevents Linux distros from packaging non-GPL
code. I remember the days before Mozilla when Linux distros used to ship
Netscape Navigator for *nix and even the Netscape Fastrack Web Server in
some distros (Caldera).

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Re: AOO como padrão no Ubuntu

Posted by Pete Testart <pe...@yahoo.com>.