Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Dimoff <sd...@usnetworksinc.com> on 2005/08/24 22:34:30 UTC

Subject Rewrite - Added charectors

Folks,

	We have in the SA conf:

subject_tag [SPAM]

We are running SA 2.63

Since today, we haven't had a problem with the rewrite, and today a message
came in as:

[SPAM-P]

...I'm confused... of where the -P came from.  Has anyone seen this before?
Or know why?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Subject Rewrite - Added charectors

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Steve Dimoff wrote:
> Folks,
>
> 	We have in the SA conf:
>
> subject_tag [SPAM]
>
> We are running SA 2.63

Warning: You have a DoS vulnerability in your version of SA. This vulnerability
is in the mime parser, and can be exploited remotely by sending you a malformed
message. Upgrade to 2.64 or 3.0.4 to fix that.

> Since today, we haven't had a problem with the rewrite, and today a message
> came in as:
>
> [SPAM-P]
>
> ...I'm confused... of where the -P came from.  Has anyone seen this before?
> Or know why?

How do you call spamassassin? Do you use it directly from procmail scripts, or
do you use MailScanner, amavis, or other integration tool?

Some of the integration tools, including the above mentioned tools, only call SA
for scoring purposes and generate their own markup, so it doesn't matter what
you have in your spamassassin config files.

I'd also consider running spamassassin --lint to check your config files for
typo errors.