Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/08/19 18:57:03 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 0.1.0-incubating release

Hi all,

I submit the first CarbonData release to your vote.

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12337895

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1000/

Git Tag:
carbondata-0.1.0-incubating

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

If this vote passes (we need at least 3 binding votes, meaning three
votes from the PPMC), I will forward to general@incubator.apache.org for
the IPMC votes.

Thanks
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by 金铸 <ji...@neusoft.com>.
+1

在 2016/8/20 2:57, Jean-Baptiste Onofré 写道:

--
金铸
技术发展部(TDD)

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes JB. We will avoid this binary file in the source, Actually we are using
this binary for only running testcases . We will modify this testcase to
generate binary file on fly and delete it once done.

Thanks,
Ravi.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by Liang Big data <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi  JB

Thank you pointed out it, yes we will definitely avoid such kind of binary
file in the source code.

Regards
Liang

--

Regards
Liang

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I'm discussing with Justin to let this vote pass and fix for next
release. I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla <um...@gmail.com>.
BTW, Justin has changed his vote to +1 now.

Regards,
Uma

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:54 PM, Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla <
umagangumalla@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh good catch JB,
> Seems RAT can't find if two headers...are we really having some
> proprietary information still in the code? I think we need clean up and
> more reviews on that aspect. Yeah if we have from other open source
> projects then mentioning in NOTICE sounds good instead of copy.
>
> Regards,
> Uma
>
> On Aug 22, 2016 11:24 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
>> If the files comes from OpenCV, then we should at least mention in the
>> NOTICE.
>>
>> Good point Henry.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 08/23/2016 08:15 AM, Henry Saputra wrote:
>>
>>> RAT check seems to pass if you have 2 license headers.
>>>
>>> More important question is that, does CarbonData team copy some classes
>>> and
>>> interfaces defintions from other projects like OpenCV [1] ?
>>>
>>> It is ASF license, but I am wondering why you need to copy instead of
>>> just
>>> OpenCV declaration instead?
>>>
>>> - Henry
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-carbondata/blob/6a2c504f
>>> d06ee21ac371c5aa1956b156a159be67/integration/spark/src/main/

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla <um...@gmail.com>.
Oh good catch JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
> [...]

>> and master). Then I will cut a new release for vote.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 08/19/2016 08:57 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofr� wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit the first CarbonData release to your vote.
>>>
>>> Release Notes:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
>>> ctId=12320220&version=12337895
>>>

>>> Staging Repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
>>> carbondata-1000/
>>>

>>> Git Tag:
>>> carbondata-0.1.0-incubating
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> If this vote passes (we need at least 3 binding votes, meaning three

>>> Regards

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI,

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Ravi,

Posted by Venkata Gollamudi <g....@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Ramana

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jihong Ma <Ji...@huawei.com>.
+1 (binding)

Great work!

Jihong

Posted by chenliang613 <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache CarbonData 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Sorry, here's the detail about the vote result:

+1 (binding): Chen Liang, Jihong Ma, Jacky Li, Ravindra Pesala,
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
+1 (non binding): Venkata Gollamudi, Jarray

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache CarbonData 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

Posted by Vimal Das Kammath <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)