Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/10 03:59:00 UTC

Re: what does EJBContainer.PROVIDER property mean?

As far as I understand, this should be the class implementing
javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer. If you see the javadocs for
EJBContainer.PROVIDER it says "Standard property name for specifying the
embeddable container implementation bootstrap class. Property value is a
fully-qualified class name. "

Secondly, if you look at 22.3.3, it says
"The EJBContainer bootstrap class will locate all of the container providers
by their provider configuration files and call
EJBContainerProvider.createEJBContainer(Map<?, ?>) on them in turn until an
appropriate backing provider returns an EJBContainer. A provider may deem
itself as appropriate for the embeddable application if any of the following
are true :
•*The javax.ejb.embeddable.provider property was included in the Map passed
to createEJBContainer and the value of the property is the provider’s
implementation class."
*

--
Karan Singh Malhi