Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2020/09/02 07:16:26 UTC

Re: [Meeting Notes] Airflow 2.0 Dev Call #2 - 24 Aug 2020

As promised during the last call I prepared the proposal on how we can
approach the package model for Airflow 2.0 - including the "Provider
Packages" approach.

https://s.apache.org/airflow-2-0-package-model

I would like to discuss it at our next meeting on Monday.  I'd love to
hear your comments.

J.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Yep. Thanks, Ash - indeed that is closely related and if do this, I think
9506 should be fixed together.  I added it to the doc.

I also resolved some of the questions and comments in the doc and added a
short "Alternative" - i.e. what is the alternative - monolith Airflow
release as we did so far.

I think at the call today we should start from this "alternative" - because
maybe the gains that we have by releasing separate packages are not as big
as the complexity we are adding.

I am a bit on the fence on that one myself - I am not 100 % sure if the
gains are really as big, I would love to hear what others think about it :)

J.

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Cool!

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [Meeting Notes] Airflow 2.0 Dev Call #2 - 24 Aug 2020

Posted by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io>.
Jarek,