Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Sankalp Bhatia <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/14 20:51:51 UTC

Upgrading existing non-TLS cluster with no downtime

Hi All,

I am trying to follow the section "Upgrading existing non-TLS cluster with
no downtime" in the zookeeper guide :
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.2/zookeeperAdmin.html

I have an ensemble of 3 servers. I have a couple of questions:

1) When I set sslQuorum=true  and portUnification=true on the first server,
does it go out of the quorum? And when these properties are set in the
second server, a new quorum of first and second server is formed and now
the third server is out of quorum. When the 3rd server follows suit, it is
added back to the quorum.

If this is the case, what is the use of a the port-unification feature
here?

2) The guideline says to check after restarting every broker that the
quorum is healthy, is there any metric to track that?

Thanks,
Sankalp

Re: Upgrading existing non-TLS cluster with no downtime

Posted by Sankalp Bhatia <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mate for the responses. Brings a lot of clarity to me. I was able to
get it working this time without downtime. Don't know what I did wrong the
last time though.

Posted by Sankalp Bhatia <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.