Posted to users@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 10:54:06 UTC

please give us feedback on the User Guide PDF

The user guide is a crucial piece of documentation helping new Camel
Riders get to grips with the reins and start their first journey.
We've made some progress and there's quite a lot of useful information
there but I'm very interested to hear some feedback, particularly from
new users on how they found the User Guide - which bits were
confusing, what kind of things do you think are missing and so forth.

There's a JIRA here where we can raise sub-tasks

or feel free to raise new issues.

If you can't find the link in the site, here's the latest:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/manual/camel-manual-2.0-SNAPSHOT.pdf

Thoughts?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: please give us feedback on the User Guide PDF

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/12/10 Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> Great that we now have it on the menu's so people can find it.
>
> However I would also like to focus on the online wiki structure. I do
> think for instance that we have to much in the architecture section
> that belongs in the user guide.

Agreed - maybe the Architecture just becomes part of the User Guide?
Its also a bit of an index of concepts right now rather than a walk
through of the underlying architecture :)

> But maybe that belongs in another topic?

Yeah :)

--
James
-------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Great that we now have it on the menu's so people can find it.

However I would also like to focus on the online wiki structure. I do
think for instance that we have to much in the architecture section
that belongs in the user guide.

But maybe that belongs in another topic?

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/