Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Telco Phone <te...@yahoo.com> on 2018/03/13 19:20:53 UTC

sorting data into sink

Does any know if this is a correct assumption

DataStream<KeyedAvroRecord> sorted = stream.keyBy("partition");

Will automattically put same record to the same sink thread ?

The behavior I am seeing is that a Sink setup with multiple threads is see data from the same hour.
Any good examples of how to sort data so that Sink threads only get the same type of data ?
Thanks

Re: sorting data into sink

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

To be honest, I did not understand your requirements and what you are
looking for.

stream.keyBy("partition").addSink(...) will partition the output on the
"partition" attribute before handing it to the sink.
Hence, all records with the same "partition" value will be handled by the
same parallel sink instance.

Best, Fabian