Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arindam Bhattacharjee <ar...@sapient.com> on 2005/11/29 13:01:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_disk_cache| Struggling to configure

Hi All,

I am new to configuring disk cache. Here are the directives I am using.

<IfModule mod_cache.c>

        #LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so

        <IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>

                CacheEnable disk /

                CacheRoot "/var/apps/cache"

                CacheDirLevels 5

                CacheDirLength 3

        </IfModule>

</IfModule>

However, if I look into the cacheroot, I do not find anything under
there.

Looks like I am doing something silly. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Arindam Bhattacharjee

Phone: +91.80.5104.7255

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_disk_cache| Struggling to configure

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 11/29/05, Arindam Bhattacharjee <ar...@sapient.com> wrote:
> I am new to configuring disk cache. Here are the directives I am using.
>
> <IfModule mod_cache.c>
>
>         #LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
>
>         <IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
>
>                 CacheEnable disk /
>
>                 CacheRoot "/var/apps/cache"
>
>                 CacheDirLevels 5
>
>                 CacheDirLength 3
>
>         </IfModule>
>
> </IfModule>

> However, if I look into the cacheroot, I do not find anything under there.
>
> Looks like I am doing something silly. Can anyone help?

Start by removing all the <IfModule> lines, which just hide useful
error messages.

Then set LogLevel to debug and look at your error log when making requests.

Joshua.