Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Zachmann, Jens" <je...@sapmarkets.com> on 2001/06/25 12:03:05 UTC

Problems compiling

Hi!

I want to import tomcat in my IDE for compiling (IBM Visual Age for Java).
But first problem I have is that it's not possible to compile the tomcat
with jdk1.1.8. Do I need jdk1.2.x? Because it runs on jdk1.1.8 so I thought
it's also possible to compile it with this version.

Thanks,
Jens

RE: Problems compiling

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@iktek.com>.
Hi,

which kind of problem do you have? Which vaj version are you using? It's
working pretty well for me, but maybe I was lucky, or not in the same
environment?

Emmanuel Lécharny, IKTEK
06 08 33 32 61, www.iktek.com <http://www.iktek.com>

Re: Problems compiling

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Zachmann, Jens at jens.zachmann@sapmarkets.com wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to import tomcat in my IDE for compiling (IBM Visual Age for Java).
> But first problem I have is that it's not possible to compile the tomcat
> with jdk1.1.8. Do I need jdk1.2.x? Because it runs on jdk1.1.8 so I thought
> it's also possible to compile it with this version.

Yeah... You need a JDK >= 1.2 to compile it (went on the list some time
ago). But then it runs in 1.1 also (runs on MacOS/9)

    Pier