Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mickeys <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2010/12/20 14:08:06 UTC

Maven assembly

I am trying to get the maven assembly working but I dont get it to work the
way I want.

I got a multi-project

I got a

root -> under_root -> project  (pom.xml)

Now I want ALL my modules latest releases in a tar.gz package. How do I do
this the simplest way???

Where do I add the plugin in (in which pom?)
Will I need to create a new pom that starts all this packing? (its ok if
that is the way)

And so on....

I have tried to follow diffrent guides but i can get the jar files to jump
into the tar gz file.

So is there any kind person who could tell me how to do this?

Re: Maven assembly

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I recommend creating a separate project to do this. In that project you
declare dependency to all artifacts you want to pack. Then create your
assembly xml (or use any one of the provided ones).

/Anders