Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Francesco De Luca <f....@gmail.com> on 2011/05/24 12:43:13 UTC

Dynamically specify slave nodes

Is it possible to dynamically specify the slave nodes  instead to specify
them statically through the configuration files?

I want to build a dynamic environment in which each node can enter and exit,
so i need to specify the new
entered node as a new slave node for hadoop framework

Thanks

Re: Dynamically specify slave nodes

Posted by Francesco De Luca <f....@gmail.com>.
Dear Harsh,

my purpose is to build a java map reduce framework based on a p2p model
to provide dynamic failure recovery of master, slave and task.
I've developed the p2p logic capable to track all the information needed to
allow these recovery,
but now I need to add a map reduce module to execute a real mapreduce job.
I'm investigating if i can adopt hadoop mapreduce and track all the
information my system needs,
or if i need to re implement a simple mapreduce framework from scratch.

I hope I was clear enough :-) !
Thanks a lot.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Francesco,