Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/23 03:57:12 UTC

Re: Bootstrapping a

This is possible with Maven1 using a multiproject setup.

The top level project should run plugin:install-now over the plugins
directory (-now is needed to ensure they are loaded into the currently
executing Maven). After that it can execute Maven over your main
project.

If this is at the very top level of the project, you would check it
all out together, or you can put this in a subdirectory on its own and
the code above can be checked out using
maven scm:checkout

To obtain the very first project and start executing a goal, you can use
maven scm:bootstrap-project -Dmaven.scm.url=... -Dmaven.scm.bootstrap.goals=...

Certainly, this would be a bit easier with m2, however it doesn't have
any additional native SCM capabilities yet: I think we are planning to
build the SCM code into Maven itself for Maven 2.1 release, eg:

m2 --setup groupId:artifactId:version <goals>

would get that from the POM, get the SCM URL, check it out, and run it.

Cheers,
Brett