Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Da...@cexp.com on 2007/03/28 22:40:30 UTC

netui:declareBundle and i18n

Grabbing internationalized values for static strings is straight forward
from a resource bundle. How do I grab an i18n string for a token that
would be returned from an object?

For instance,

${bundle.messages.helloWorld} for static hello String.

But let's say the value comes from pageInput:

${bundle.messages[${pageInput.helloWorld}]} and helloWorld can return
any number of tokens that are retrieved from the bundle.

I do not think scriplets play well either with this:

${bundle.messages[<%= helloWorld %>]}. Which processes first - the
scriplet of the ${}?

Dan

Re: netui:declareBundle and i18n

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Dan--

  Yes, the JSP 2.0 Expression Language will correctly evaluate nested
references like this in all cases.  It's a very handy EL feature.  ;)

  Note, which this is true of the container's expression language, it
is _not_ true for the NetUI EL that's used on the dataSource
attributes; the difference is that dataSource(s) must refer to
specific properties in order to create expressions that can be
updated.

Eddie

Posted by Da...@cexp.com.

Posted by Giovanni Motta <mo...@gmail.com>.