Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by "Strittmatter, Stephan" <St...@sybit.de> on 2005/04/11 10:26:47 UTC

AW: [Nutch-dev] Re: tools cleanup

Hi,

I already started some tests on using cli2. CLI v. 1 is in my opinion not supporting al required parameters.

I defined a interface "Tool" and created a AbstractTool class. Currently i started to change the existing tools to be extended from them.

Addition I want to create a commons-launcher enironment to get rid of the unix-specific scripts to make it easier for the users of other platforms to use Nutch.

Regards,

Stephan

________________________________

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Stephan,

> I already started some tests on using cli2. CLI v. 1 is in my opinion
> not supporting al required parameters.

Can you please be more specific?

> I defined a interface "Tool" and created a AbstractTool class.
> Currently i started to change the existing tools to be extended from
> them.

May be a util object could be more useful since I guess the idea of the
tool clean up is to decouple things. Abstract Classes brings such
dependencies we may try to go away.

Stefan