Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Laxmikanth M.S." <la...@sonata-software.com> on 2002/12/02 08:08:35 UTC

Need for apache with Tomcat4.1.12

Hi ,
we were using apache1.3.27 with tomcat3.3.1
Now we are planning to move to tomcat4.1.12 ...do we need to still have
apache configures with tomcat.
If yes why? also we would like to know in whatways tomcat4.1.12  differs
from tomcat3.3.1.
anticipating early reply
thanks in advance

Regards
Laxmikanth M S
Off*  : 91-80-6610330 extn 1256
Res* : 91-80-5267150
http://www.sonata-software.com

> Coming together is the beginning, staying together is progress and working
> together is Success
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us  - Emerson

Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
confidential / privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or
addressees. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind.

Re: Need for apache with Tomcat4.1.12

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I've currently got one machine where I can switch between 3.3.1 & 4.1.x
simply by shutting down one and starting the other.  It required no changes
to the Apache side.

If all of your Apache directives look like:
JkMount /mycontext/* ajp13
then you can do much the same thing.  If you are allowing Apache to serve
static content, then you'll also have to edit the paths for any <Directory>
that refers to your webapp to point to the new path (or just duplicate it,
if you want to switch between the two).  You may also need to modify
DocumentRoot if you have dynamic content under "/" (and Apache serves static
content).