Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/07/20 03:26:09 UTC

Can someone update Gump?

I added a new descriptor for the HEAD of POI as well as changed the default
to the 2_0 branch.  Does this need to be "cvs update"d wherever gump is
running?  Do I have access to do this (if so where is gump)?  If not can
someone kindly do this?

Many thanks,

Andy
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: Can someone update Gump?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
On 7/20/03 11:00 AM, "Adam Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>
> Andy, this list has been quiet recently, so maybe you'll accept my help. I
> have no jakarta rights, so can't help you directly, other than attempt to
> with pointers.

Absolutely!

> I assume (from CVS updates) that you added jakarta-poi3.xml to projects. In
> jakarta-gump/profile/gump.xml there is a line like:
>
> <module href="project/jakarta-poi.xml"/>
>
> If you add yours new module next to it:
>
> <module href="project/jakarta-poi.xml"/>
> <module href="project/jakarta-poi3.xml"/>

Doh! I forgot to check it in...thanks :-)

-Andy

> Good luck.
>
> regards
>
> Adam

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

RE: Can someone update Gump?

Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Andy wrote:

	I added a new descriptor for the HEAD of POI as well as changed the default
	to the 2_0 branch.  Does this need to be "cvs update"d wherever gump is
	running?  Do I have access to do this (if so where is gump)?  If not can
	someone kindly do this?

Andy, this list has been quiet recently, so maybe you'll accept my help. I
have no jakarta rights, so can't help you directly, other than attempt to
with pointers.

I assume (from CVS updates) that you added jakarta-poi3.xml to projects. In
jakarta-gump/profile/gump.xml there is a line like:

	 <module href="project/jakarta-poi.xml"/>

If you add yours new module next to it:

	 <module href="project/jakarta-poi.xml"/>
	 <module href="project/jakarta-poi3.xml"/>

Then you should be good to go.

Since the central gumps do a CVS update of jakarta-gump (getting this
profile change plus your new module) before they start the gump run, this is
all that is needed.

BTW: Taking a quick eyeball at your descriptors, the fact that you have
these the same in both *might* be a tad confusing, and *might* cause a
problem.

 	<jar name="poi-1.10.0-dev-@@DATE@@.jar"/>
        	<jar name="poi-contrib-1.10.0-dev-@@DATE@@.jar"/>
        	<jar name="poi-scratchpad-1.10.0-dev-@@DATE@@.jar"/>

These represent the results of the build, and they are what are passed to
subsequent dependent builds. Since you have two projects with the same named
output -- but in different project names -- you are *probably* ok (unless
distribution is set for your repository) -- but I think it'd be better if
they gave different version numbers.

Good luck.

regards

Adam