Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mo...@comcast.net on 2013/10/28 17:54:39 UTC

compile error after installing SDK w/Flex Installer 2.7: unable to open /sdk/path/to/playerglobal.swc

Hi, I just upgraded the Apache Flex installer (from 2.6 to 2.7) then downloaded the Nightly build and tried to compile a project with it. I'm getting a compile error for:

unable to open '/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/sdks/Nightly/20131028/frameworks/libs/player.11.1/playerglobal.swc'

I believe I saw somewhere that playerglobal.swc has been changed to expressInstall.swf due to licensing reasons. Is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Re: compile error after installing SDK w/Flex Installer 2.7: unable to open /sdk/path/to/playerglobal.swc

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Pretty sure target-player ends up in the .html files.  You can check it
yourself.

-Alex

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.
[...]

One remaining question though... Is there any way to force users to use a minimum Flash Player version?

I *think* the purpose of using the compiler switch of -target-player=11.1 is to prevent compiling in Flash Player features from newer versions of Flash Player.

As the provider of a Flex app, is it my responsibility to inform users that they must use version 11.1 or newer? Or, is there some way to auto-inform users when they try to run the Flex app using versions older than 11.1 that the app won't run until they update Flash Player to 11.1 or newer (and, hopefully, provide something to click on to launch an installer for latest version)?

I think it must be my error (not an Apache bug). I see the error references the path:

/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/sdks/Nightly/20131028/frameworks/libs/player/11.1/playerglobal.swc

But the only path in my directory is for 11.9, that is:

/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/sdks/Nightly/20131028/frameworks/libs/player/11.9/playerglobal.swc

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Good question.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.