Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Santiago Bazerque <sb...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/02 20:48:50 UTC

Large number of dynamic fields

Hello,

I have a 7Gb index having 2MM documents. Each document has about 400 fields,
but fields are dynamic and in total I have ~200k fields.

We're using SOLR 3.1 and tomcat 5.5. We are seeing very slow start-up times
(from tomcat startup to SOLR ready to answer queries about 5 minutes). We
have tried from 8 to 32GB of memory, with little difference.

Would you say SOLR is not suitable for such a large number of fields?
Committing ~10k docs takes about 5 minutes as well.

Thanks in advance,
Santiago