Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/04 06:27:18 UTC

problem getting 1.1.1 from svn

I tried to checkout the MyFaces source tree from SVN using this command:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/release/tags/1_1_1/

It was able to get the api and impl subfolders, but when it got to share, I
got this error:

Fetching external item into '1_1_1\share'
svn: URL 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/share/tags/1_1_1' doesn't
exist

Am I using the right technique to obtain the MyFaces 1.1.1 sources from SVN?

-Ken

Re: problem getting 1.1.1 from svn

Posted by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com>.
Even with that suggested URL,

    svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/legacy/tags/before_maven_reorg/release/tags/1_1_1/

I get the same error:

    Fetching external item into '1_1_1\share'
    svn: URL 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/share/tags/1_1_1'
doesn't exist

I'm not familiar with the term "externals".  I've always been confused by
the way the MyFaces SVN repository works (how you can't see the files if you
view
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/legacy/tags/before_maven_reorg/release/tags/1_1_1/in
a web browser) but you can use that URL to check out files).

Anyway, I'll hold off for now until you have a chance to sort things out
after restructuring for Maven.  I'm very much looking forward to the new
Maven 2 build...

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/legacy/tags/before_maven_reorg/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/legacy/tags/before_maven_reorg/release/tags/1_1_1/