Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/03 18:53:01 UTC

Timing out unit tests on master

Drillers,

I have a series of unit test consistently timing out when I run against
master, as well as a few different recent commits. I will be doing some
more digging today, but just a heads up for those running unit tests on a
linux VM. The problem occurs even if I just ask Maven to run the one test
class.

Tests in error:

TestInfoSchemaFilterPushDown.testFilterPushdown_NonEqual:38->testHelper:119->BaseTestQuery.test:236
»
 TestInfoSchemaFilterPushDown.testFilterPushDownWithProject_Like:90->testHelper:119->BaseTestQuery.test:236
»
TestInfoSchemaFilterPushDown.testFilterPushdown_Or:69->testHelper:119->BaseTestQuery.test:236
»
TestInfoSchemaFilterPushDown.testFilterPushDownWithProject_NotEqual:83->testHelper:119->BaseTestQuery.test:236
»
  TestInfoSchemaFilterPushDown>BaseTestQuery.closeClient:166 » IllegalState
Fail...

Re: Timing out unit tests on master

Posted by Hanifi Gunes <hg...@maprtech.com>.
Why is the forkCount set to 4 at the first place? It would make more sense
if it was proportional to number of cores.[1] I believe we should fix this.

Also my unit tests keep hanging or kernel-killed seemingly due to memory
scarcity. It completes cleanly when forkCount is reduced.

-Hanifi

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/fork-options-and-parallel-execution.html

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.