Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Marcel Lautenbach <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/09 02:28:48 UTC

geronimo 2.1 and axis2.war webinterface

Anyone who has exprerience in setting up the axis2.war in geronimo? I am
kind of new to geronimo and am getting IndexOutOfBounds errors when trying
to deploy the war downloaded from apache. The solutions found on the net did
not work or I did something wrong. System is Windows XP. Thanks in advance
:-)

P.S.
Putting the axis2.war in a tomcat installations works without any problems.

Re: geronimo 2.1 and axis2.war webinterface

Posted by Marcel Lautenbach <je...@gmail.com>.
Well, I do know that axis2 is an integral part of Geronimo. But I would like
to play around a bit with the web interface for activating services and
those sorts. I am doing this now in Tomcat alone, but I would like to use
the admin console of axis. But I was not able to create a deply plan. And
using those deplay plans found on the net did not work either. It got me so
far, that I had it kind of running - with lots of warnings while the
deployment was in progress, but at last it got installed, sort of. But then,
only the main page came up, Version and Administration pages just told me
that an error had occured.

Or is there another way to manage services with axis? I am not famliar with
ejb and similar technologies, yet. So, maybe I am just missing something
here. But so far I am still occupied with reading and getting my fingers
dirty ;-)

Marcel

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 9, 2009, at 1:09 AM, Stephan Mehlhase wrote:

> I'm also quite new, but isn't axis already part of Geronimo? What do
> you want to achieve?

Correct. You're really much better off using the embedded web services
support in Geronimo. Note that the default web services implementation
for a Jetty-based server is CXF. For Tomcat, the default
implementation is Axis2.

Here's some documentation on developing a JAX-WS app: http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/jaxws-calculator-simple-web-service-with-jax-ws.html

If you really, really want to use axis2.war, you should be able to use
the following geronimo deployment plan:

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">

   <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1
">
     <dep:moduleId>
       <dep:groupId>mygroup</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>myapp</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
       <dep:type>war</dep:type>
     </dep:moduleId>

     <dep:hidden-classes>
       <dep:filter>org.apache.commons</dep:filter>
         <dep:filter>org.jdom</dep:filter>
         <dep:filter>org.apache.axis2</dep:filter>
         <dep:filter>org.apache.axiom</dep:filter>
     </dep:hidden-classes>
   </dep:environment>

   <context-root>/myapp-context</context-root>
</web-app>

--kevan

Re: geronimo 2.1 and axis2.war webinterface

Posted by Stephan Mehlhase <s....@googlemail.com>.