Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2005/10/20 01:48:39 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd still using too much memory - serious memory leak?

I've asked about this before and never got an answer. I used to run my
server on a dual xeon computer and it was very memory efficient. I moved
to the 64 bit version of of Fedora Core 4 and now it's filling up memory
really fast.

Both servers had 4 gigs of ram. And basically the same configuration
file using the same modules for both. It is especially bad where perl is
involved.

Now I have to set MaxRequestsPerChild to no more than 10 to keep ram
from filling up.  The server is rather busy serving 67 requests per second.

I really need to fix this. Sure could use some help on trying to figure
out where the problem is.