Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kelvin Middleton <ke...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/12 19:19:11 UTC

Help with enabling guacd SSL

Hi, I've a working install using Docker on Windows and am wanting to enable
encryption between the guacamole tomcat instance and guacd.

Reading the manual this seems pretty straightforward if using guacd.conf
but from what I can tell the guacd docker image simply luaches the guacd
binary at start and the only itemI can change by passing environment
variables is the log level.

$docker ps -a --no-trunc
"/bin/sh -c '/usr/local/guacamole/sbin/guacd -b 0.0.0.0 -L $GUACD_LOG_LEVEL
-f'"

Would appreciate any pointers as to the correct way to modify the startup
of a guacd docker container?

Thanks,

Kelvin

Re: Help with enabling guacd SSL

Posted by Kelvin Middleton <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for clarifying, SSL now working between web client and guacd
proxy :-)

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kelvin Middleton <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for taking the time Mike.

So I figured I'd need to mount in certs and I've successfully done this for
the guacamole tomcat server and my web proxy so no issues with this.  I'd
just assumed that the guacd image allowed for more run-time container
flexibility like the guacamole images does but from looking at the image
config...

docker inspect --format='{{.Config.Cmd}}' guacamole/guacd
'[/bin/sh -c /usr/local/guacamole/sbin/guacd -b 0.0.0.0 -L $GUACD_LOG_LEVEL
-f]'

...I'd need to customise the image to commit a change to the above default
CMD behaviour for it recognise and use a /etc/guacamole/guacd.conf file as
I understand the guacd binary will preference the use of command line
parameters over the contents of a guacd.conf file?

Apols if the above is obvious & dumb, I'm new to guacamole and docker so
just making sure I'm going down the right path.

Regards,

Kelvin

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.