Posted to odf-dev@incubator.apache.org by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/23 14:46:39 UTC

ignoring option MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0

When looking on the latest build log using JDK 8,
https://builds.apache.org/job/ODFToolkit-windows/151/console

I stumbled over the following warning:
"Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0"

I find it interesting to read:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/32365351 including comments and reference to
further reading

Therefore going to test for removal the decprecated option, as soon the
project becomes JDK8-only to avoid any problems with prior JDK7 and JDK6
builds

Regards,
Svante

PS:
Current sources work as well with JDK7 and JDK6.
I have checked out our project and build it successfully under Windows7
using two very old JDK on disk:
java version "1.7.0_55"
java version "1.6.0_38"
PPS: Now that we have Window builds again, it's about time for a release..
;)
ᐧ