Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by easyl <ea...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/26 14:07:38 UTC

sudden NullPointerException from ActiveMQSessionExecutor.wakeup

AMQ 4.1.2 embedded in Geronimo 2.1.3

setup in deployment plan with
<config-property-setting name="ServerUrl">
vm://localhost?async=true&amp;jms.asyncDispatch=false&amp;jms.copyMessageOnSend=false&amp;jms.watchTopicAdvisories=false
</config-property-setting>

there are 6 different Queues listened by MDBs which may send messages to
each other (almost with sync send/reply).

When the message traffic get huge, I would got such NPE

Exception in thread "VMTransport" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.wakeup(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:76)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.execute(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:61)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.dispatch(ActiveMQSession.java:1344)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onCommand(ActiveMQConnection.java:1485)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:95)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:65)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.iterate(VMTransport.java:201)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:120)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.access$100(PooledTaskRunner.java:26)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:47)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

then some messages will be stalled in queue (checked with jconsole).

what does the NPE mean?
how can I avoid the problem?

Re: sudden NullPointerException from ActiveMQSessionExecutor.wakeup

Posted by easyl <ea...@gmail.com>.
Setting jms.asyncDispatch=true would ease the problem..
http://activemq.apache.org/consumer-dispatch-async.html