Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Anita Diamond <an...@panagea.co.uk> on 2014/06/16 15:47:50 UTC

Editing

Hi

I just signed up. My name is Anita and I am based in Letchworth Garden City,
UK.
I am looking to get some experience in technical writing - as this is is
what I would like to do for a living. I also feel strongly about
accessibility and global inclusivity in software i.e. ways to enable people
to join the technology revolution regardless of location or finance.
I am a native English speaker with a variety of experience from web design
to journalism to adult education. I have a BSc. Hons in Information Systems
and Management and Post graduate qualifications in Anthropology and
Psychology. I am interested in user centred design and best practice in
technical authoring. I have taught myself Framemaker, MadCap Flare, DITA,
XML and have a flare for writing to all sorts of different needs and
audiences.
I am really keen to get stuck in, so if those documents mentioned in earlier
postings still need to be proofread then I am happy to start on that right
away.

Best wishes
Anita

  _____

.

Try a free scan!

Re: Editing

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anita,

Thanks a Million! In a sense it is work in progress, because from time to
time I add bits, change things round etc. trying to make it as readable as
possible for non-technically minded students.

Best send your corrections to: info@openoffice.org

Yours
Dave

Re: Editing

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 18/06/2014 Anita Diamond wrote:
> Yes I've had a quick look - I think you're being modest when you say that
> it's a work in progress.

Hello Anita, I hope that then you will be ready to help with the real,
official OpenOffice documentation!

We edit everything directly online here, for example:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Writer
and we have other modules for other programs.

These pages need polishing, reviewing, restructuring, and we are open to
any suggestion, this is really a work in progress. And if you prefer a
different methodology we'll gladly receive suggestions about that too.

Please let us know your preferred username and we (Keith or me) will
create a wiki account for you, so that you can edit pages.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: Editing

Re: Editing