Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Gredler <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/23 00:24:59 UTC

[T5] Documentation

Hi all,

In an effort to improve the T5 documentation, I'm going to start going
through the mailing list, looking at questions that have been asked, and
trying to identify aspects of the framework that should be, but aren't, well
documented. If you have any suggestions, feel free to respond here or raise
a JIRA issue. What morsel of information did you spend 4 hours trying to
find? What could be documented better? What typo has been getting on your
nerves for the past month? Fire away!

Take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel Gredler
http://daniel.gredler.net/

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by Marcell Manfrin Barbacena <ba...@gmail.com>.
Some example sources (actually they exist but it isn't documented) of
components usage.

[]s

On 6/23/07, petros <pe...@cypoz.com> wrote:

> The note at the end of this page
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/localization.html
>
> Petros
>

> Daniel Gredler wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In an effort to improve the T5 documentation, I'm going to start going
> > through the mailing list, looking at questions that have been asked, and
> > trying to identify aspects of the framework that should be, but aren't,
> > well
> > documented. If you have any suggestions, feel free to respond here or
> > raise
> > a JIRA issue. What morsel of information did you spend 4 hours trying to
> > find? What could be documented better? What typo has been getting on your
> > nerves for the past month? Fire away!
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Gredler
> > http://daniel.gredler.net/

"Nobody knows who i really am
 I never felt this empty before
 And if I never need someone to come along
 Who's gonna comfort me and keep me strong?"
--
Marcell Manfrin Barbacena
barbacena@gmail.com

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by petros <pe...@cypoz.com>.

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.
蝈蝈龙 a écrit :
> Why do you emphasize you are a Chinese? It's really not necessary !!!!!!
perhaps to advertizing that is english is not perfect.
sometime I tell where I come from to acknoledge people on my poor english.

but it is not the subject of this list, isn't it ;-)
cyrille.

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by 蝈蝈龙 <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by "com.liigo@gmail.com" <co...@gmail.com>.
sorry!

English is the most popular language in the world, not Chinese, currently
at lease, I known.

No more non-technical mess. :)

在 Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:54:13 +0800,Vincent <vi...@gmail.com> 写道:

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by Vincent <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by "com.liigo@gmail.com" <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by 小司 <mo...@gmail.com>.
说的对。主要是英语实在是不好。惭愧呀。能读懂就不错。在加上技术上一些术语。学起来很慢。看来只有提高我自己的英语水平了。谢谢你的提醒。

在 07-6-26,com.liigo@gmail.com<co...@gmail.com> 写道:
> 在 Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:30:11 +0800,小司 <mo...@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> > I'am a chinese user.every user should know Tapestry5 's request life
> > cycle.i'm beginner.
> > I want to get a detailed Tapestry5  request life cycle.Could you
> > provide it in your tapestry5 document??
> >

> 是不是中国人都不喜欢看文档?还是懒得去翻?明明文档就在那里,还要别人把链接
> 放到你面前?
>
> "beginner"并不是理由。
>
> 不用强调"I'am a chinese user",不会博得同情。
>
> 我是不想让老外老外笑话咱啊,说中国话他们不懂,呵呵。

得与失都是生活

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by "com.liigo@gmail.com" <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: [T5] Documentation

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by Steven Woolley <wo...@gmail.com>.
The anchors don't work in Safari either. (neither v2 nor v3).
FYI

Re: [T5] Documentation

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de>.
On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 22:51 -0500, Robert Sanders wrote:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/component-parameters.html
If the links (anchors) on this page would work with firefox (1.5) it
would be really great!

+1 for examples. I also read the api doc but didn't understand what's
written there. After questions on the mailing list and a better
understanding of mentioned concepts it's possible to understand,
otherwise it's very hard sometimes.

Cheers,
Martin

> Vic Cekvenich wrote:
> > Ah... what is the url for the component reference?
> >
> > .V
> >
> > Robert Sanders wrote:
> >> As someone new who's attempting to evaluate tapestry 5 I'd say the
> >> first step would be to go through the component-reference doc and add
> >> some (simple) example code and/or example values for the various
> >> properties.  Most of these items use tapestry specific descriptions,
> >> with some examples it would be much easier to understand what's being
> >> described.

Martin Grotzke
http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/

Re: [T5] Documentation