Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/06/09 06:24:20 UTC

Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the Maven XDoc Plug-in 1.9 release!

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/xdoc/

  New Features:

o Added internationalization support. Issue: MPXDOC-128. Thanks to
Vincent Siveton.
o Add a comment property for dependencies Issue: MPXDOC-129. Thanks to
Miguel Griffa.
o Added maven.xdoc.copy.excludes property which lists the files to
exclude from the resources copy.
This defaults to any images currently unused by Maven. Additionally, if
you are not using the classic theme, maven.xdoc.copy.excludes.classic is
used to eliminate images only for the classic theme
o Added new tag <escapeXml/> Issue: MPXDOC-118.
o New property (maven.xdoc.xml.copy) to copy only and not transform some
xml files provided in the ${maven.docs.src} directory. Issue: MPXDOC-123.
o Added dt css style Issue: MPFAQ-11.
o Add a legend for the symbols in the xdoc, disabled by setting
maven.xdoc.legend=false
o Add a support for "hierarchical" site navigation in breadcrumbs

  Fixed bugs:

o A link starting with https wasn't considered as an external link.
Issue: MPXDOC-132. Thanks to Ignacio G. Mac Dowell.
o Show version if maven.xdoc.date=right Issue: MPXDOC-117. Thanks to
Dennis Lundberg.
o Allow header images and links to use relative paths Issue: MPXDOC-115.
Thanks to Brent Worden.

To automatically install the plugin, type the following on a single line:

maven plugin:download  -DgroupId=maven  -DartifactId=maven-xdoc-plugin
-Dversion=1.9

For a manual installation, you can download the plugin here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/java-repository/maven/plugins/maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.jar

Have fun!
-The Maven team

Re: Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
An XDoc editor for the Mevenide IDEA plugin is slated to be released in
the coming 0.2 release. Stay tuned :)
See http://mevenide.codehaus.org/mevenide-idea/ for details.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Sheldon <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 6/10/05, Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Two questions:
> 1. When will this show up on Ibiblio?

in 2-6 hours. Seems I accidentally published it as a JAR instead of a plugin...

> 2. When will the site be updated?  It is still showing 1.8 docs.

This seems up to date to me.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

Posted by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com>.
Two questions:
1. When will this show up on Ibiblio?
2. When will the site be updated?  It is still showing 1.8 docs.

Thanks.

On 6/9/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Maven team is pleased to announce the Maven XDoc Plug-in 1.9 release!
>
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/xdoc/
>
>   New Features:
>
> o Added internationalization support. Issue: MPXDOC-128. Thanks to
> Vincent Siveton.
> o Add a comment property for dependencies Issue: MPXDOC-129. Thanks to
> Miguel Griffa.
> o Added maven.xdoc.copy.excludes property which lists the files to
> exclude from the resources copy.
> This defaults to any images currently unused by Maven. Additionally, if
> you are not using the classic theme, maven.xdoc.copy.excludes.classic is
> used to eliminate images only for the classic theme
> o Added new tag <escapeXml/> Issue: MPXDOC-118.
> o New property (maven.xdoc.xml.copy) to copy only and not transform some
> xml files provided in the ${maven.docs.src} directory. Issue: MPXDOC-123.
> o Added dt css style Issue: MPFAQ-11.
> o Add a legend for the symbols in the xdoc, disabled by setting
> maven.xdoc.legend=false
> o Add a support for "hierarchical" site navigation in breadcrumbs
>
>   Fixed bugs:
>
> o A link starting with https wasn't considered as an external link.
> Issue: MPXDOC-132. Thanks to Ignacio G. Mac Dowell.
> o Show version if maven.xdoc.date=right Issue: MPXDOC-117. Thanks to
> Dennis Lundberg.
> o Allow header images and links to use relative paths Issue: MPXDOC-115.
> Thanks to Brent Worden.
>
> To automatically install the plugin, type the following on a single line:
>
> maven plugin:download  -DgroupId=maven  -DartifactId=maven-xdoc-plugin
> -Dversion=1.9
>
> For a manual installation, you can download the plugin here:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/java-repository/maven/plugins/maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.jar
>
> Have fun!
> -The Maven team

Jamie Bisotti