Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Robert Chalmers <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/15 08:46:58 UTC

Can we have fully quoted PATH strings please in the code?

Fine naming conventions these days determine that spaces are allowed in
path names. On almost every platform. Can we have this in openmeetings too
please?
For example - Windows is notorious for path names like "C:\Program
Files\program xxx", or even user created paths like "F:\My Websites"

If I install OM into a directory like "F:\My Websites\Domain Name\red5" ...
it simply wont work. It breaks on the first "<blank>" between "My" and
"Websites"

I have enough trouble setting the PATH variable for old-convention
software, that have to have the old 8.3 names, like "C:\Program~1\" name.
Ok, there are a few in my path, but surely this is something that the OM
code itself shouldn't have to worry about. Quoted paths have been around
for years now. Even like "C:\Program%20Files\"  do it.

I really hate having to have every thing hanging off the C:\ (or F:\)
directory. ie; C:\red5.

It's not only a problem for Windows users, but it's nice to have open names
on Unix too, which I am pretty familiar with as well.

It makes for very untidy coding areas.

hope we can see some joy on this.

RE: Can we have fully quoted PATH strings please in the code?

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
I can also confirm that paths with spaces work when compiling which was part of the Windows XP guide I wrote a couple of months back. – Robert I thought you used this guide when you built yours after you had initial problems with different Java versions installed?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27838216/Installing+OM2.x+On+WindowsXP-7-2003-2008.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1339594617000

Best Regards

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Can we have fully quoted PATH strings please in the code?

Posted by Robert Chalmers <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastian,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,