Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by huntc <hu...@mac.com> on 2008/10/01 12:51:55 UTC

wsdl parameter on service is not working for me

Hi there,

I have generated a web service successfully using the HelloWorld example. I
can invoke the service thus:

http://localhost:8080/HR%20Webservices/HelloWorld/sayHi?text=Chris

Unfortunately I am unable to access the wsdl:

http://localhost:8080/HR%20Webservices/HelloWorld?wsdl

It is unclear to me whether I have to explicitly generate the wsdl using
java2ws, so I subsequently did so using the Maven plugin. A wsdl file is
successfully generated in the target/generated/wsdl folder.

Any pointers?

Kind regards,
Christopher

Re: wsdl parameter on service is not working for me

Posted by huntc <hu...@mac.com>.
No brave takers? :confused:

Re: wsdl parameter on service is not working for me

Posted by huntc <hu...@mac.com>.
Logged as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1838

Re: wsdl parameter on service is not working for me

Posted by huntc <hu...@mac.com>.

dkulp wrote:

> 1) The space in the URL is causing an issue in the wsdl/url parsing.
> Can you try without the space.  (if that's the case, log a bug)

That was the problem - I shall log a bug.

Re: wsdl parameter on service is not working for me

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Two thoughts:

1) The space in the URL is causing an issue in the wsdl/url parsing.
Can you try without the space.  (if that's the case, log a bug)

2) Some trax or other issue is causing a problem generating the wsdl.
You would need to look at the logs on the server side (tomcat's
catalina.out or similar) to see if there is any stack trace there.
That might provide some extra information.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org