Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Naresh Tallapelli <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/05 08:19:55 UTC

Element is not a valid SOAP version

Hi All,

I am using cxf-2.1.2 version from last 4 months. Everythign was working fine
from begining. But yesterday i got some mysterious exception. Please see the
below line,

org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault: "NAMESPACE", the namespace on the
"OPERATION" element, is not a valid SOAP version.

NAMESPACE - is the name space that is being used in my application,
OPERATION - is the web service operation that i am trying to invoke.

I had no clue why this error is coming and why it did not came from last 4
months.

Cpuld anyone please let me know the solution for this exception.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Naresh.

Re: Element is not a valid SOAP version

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
That sounds like someone is sending a the XML for the data not in a soap
envelope.  Basically:

<ns:operation xmlns:ns="...">

instead of:
<soap:Envelope...>