Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Reza <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/10/20 18:21:57 UTC

Java client release and graduation

I would like to go ahead and propose we release the java client 1.1 before starting the graduating process. While its not required, I think releasing the java client and publishing it to maven will give me more ammunition and momentum for the graduation process. :)

So im going to fix 1 more ticket and then begin the voting process for the 1.1 java client later this week.

Also, Radu, I updated the devicedata and javaclient modules in the whiteboard. I simply copied the moinmoin wiki markup into the source, so im not 100% sure the markup is valid.
So... once again, I actually feel that redoing the site so its "ours", as in custom to devicemap, will be a good thing and help build the excitement required to get us motivated to graduate. So I do not want to lose momentum on this...!

thanks,
Reza

Re: Java client release and graduation

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
OK, looks like it has a decent CFP duration, it is open now, but doesn't
end till Feb 2015, so it looks like you still got some time to find out if
you have time[?]

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Having a 1.1 Client released and reported through the regular PMC cycle
seems just fine, if the "ball" is rolling towards gratuation, I see no
reason to delay that, especially with ApacheCon Europe around the Corner[?]

Werner

Posted by Reza <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Sure, I agree. We can graduate, then release.

Re: Java client release and graduation

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,