Posted to community@apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2003/01/29 11:14:34 UTC

RE: wiki utility (was: Wiki Administration)[spam 0.308]

Greig wrote,

> I'm not a "Wiki == Documentation" guy (I think there are many more uses),
> but it has significant utility over mailing lists...

I'm with you in that I think !(Wiki == Documentation) but I dont think Wiki != Documentation either.
Like many others I'd never really had much cause to use a Wiki before this one was born, but I've come to realise that it is incredibly useful as a whiteboard for documentation and planning.
Nothing on the Wiki carries as much weight as the "official" project and software documentation in cvs. But the whiteboard effect has the wiki accumulating raw material for docs and plans at a much greater rate than doc submissions to lists.

Perhaps we really only need a disclaimer in the footer.

d.