Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jerry Jalassola <je...@wm-finland.com> on 2001/10/18 16:55:36 UTC

Addressbook sample still bothering...

Hi soapers,

I still have this problem of mine with the addressbook -sample. I decided to re-install soap by putting the soap.war in the webapps -directory and restarting tomcat (I deleted the old soap -directory first). Everything goes ok, soap is working fine. (rpcrouter ok , I can see the message "Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to me.")

I do have the WEB-INF -directory structure ok, it contains the .class -files for addressbook -sample in WEB-INF/classes/samples/addressbook -directory (It is formed automatically during tomcat restart) .

I do have the addressbook -sample properly deployed:
-------------------
jerry@foohost:~/soap-2_2$ java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
Deployed Services:
        urn:AddressFetcher
-------------------

But still... when I try to do the following:
-------------------
jerry@foohost:~/soap-2_2$ java samples.addressbook.GetAddress http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = Deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher': class name 'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved: samples.addressbook.Address
-------------------

So tomcat/soap still can't resolve Address -class location. Where exactly the SERVER side CLASSPATH is defined for soap (and tomcat in general)? In Debian Linux tomcat's start-up says the following:

------------------------------
# Add all JAR files in /usr/share/tomcat/lib to the CLASSPATH
# Also add the core classes in case Jikes is used to compile JSP files
if [ -f $JAVA_HOME/lib/classes.zip ]; then
        # JDK 1.1
        CLASSPATH="$JAVA_HOME/lib/classes.zip"
else
        # JDK 1.2/1.3/1.4
        CLASSPATH="$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/rt.jar:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar"
fi
for jar in /usr/share/tomcat/lib/*.jar; do
        CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$jar
done
export CLASSPATH

As far as I understand, those WEB-INF/classes -paths are not defined here. If so, where are they defined?

Further help would be greatly appreciated! (Thanks to Mike and Kelly for the help they've already given.)

Jerry