Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2022/12/19 19:33:04 UTC

@ApacheOzone Twitter Handle and @ApacheOzoneunofficial YouTube Channel

Hi community,

As Ozone is getting more attention, and that 1.3.0 is about to release, we
should make every effort to let prospective users know our progress.

One thing we can do is make use of social media platforms.
I found that we have an ApacheOzone Twitter:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OZONE/Ozone+Twitter+Account

Does anyone have access to this account?

There's a YouTube channel @ApacheOzoneunofficial that has some good content.
Not sure who has access to this account, and what's the strategy forward.
Shall we start an "official" Apache Ozone YouTube channel too?

Re: @ApacheOzone Twitter Handle and @ApacheOzoneunofficial YouTube Channel

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Thanks Marton, I forgot to follow up this thread.

Here's a few things we need to update.

1. The Twitter handle info is in Hadoop's private SVN repo. We need to
create an Ozone's private SVN repo, move the Ozone twitter password info
out of Hadoop's repo, and add it to the Ozone's repo.
I can work on this.

2. The Twitter handle uses private@ozone.apache.org as email address. To
log in, it needs to receive confirmation code from the email address. As a
private ML, only the moderators can see and approve the incoming
confirmation code. I assume Sammi is a private mailing list moderator since
she's the PMC chair. Is there anyone else who's a moderator? Ideally we
want to have more than one moderator per ML.

Posted by "Elek, Márton" <el...@apache.org>.