Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/15 03:19:14 UTC

Do we run findbugs or any other static code analysis tool as part of the build process?

Hi,
I saw a couple concerning bugs in the code like

   - comparing String, Integer, Float and objects of other wrapper types
   using == instead of .equals() method.
   - Accessing methods on potentially null reference.

I ran findbugs on the code base and found a lot of other errors as well. I
am working on fixing some of the errors (most of the errors are in Test
cases).

I was curious, if we run any static code analysis tool as part of build
process? More importantly can we force builds to fail if findbugs errors
cross a certain threshold.

Re: Do we run findbugs or any other static code analysis tool as part of the build process?

Posted by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David.  I will try to fix as many errors as possible.

It also seems like we do have some findbugs  configuration in build.xml,  I
will see if I could get it working.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.