Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/08 13:33:38 UTC

Simple suggestion for namespaces

When we create default namespaces, why don't we have an option to create
them based on actual URIs hosted by the server

For example, the schema namespaces could point to the ?xsd we publish, and
the service namespaces could point to the ?wsdl. That way our namespaces
would be meaningful and dereferenceable.

Another approach would be to define a standard NS for each service and use
if for both schema and service, and then autogen an RDDL at that URI that
points to both the schema and WSDL.

I guess one problem will be that they will be based on IP addresses and
therefore change - but we could at least make this an option.

Thoughts?

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Simple suggestion for namespaces

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
That sounds like quite a nice idea. Of course you can configure namespaces
per service, etc, but maybe it would be nice to have an interface that is
called whenever we need to create a new ns.

Paul

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.